Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hogan's Heroes Alternate Reality

Colonel Klink meets Batman.

Hogan's Heroes was a hit show on CBS, Batman a hit show on ABC. Somehow Klink ended up on Batman? Stranger things have NOT happened. I'd love to know the backstory on the inception and contract negotiations for this.

There were other Hogan's Heroes moments that skewed reality. See below. The cast of Hogan's Heroes on the Hollywood Palace TV show with Bing Crosby. They actually do a really good job with this. I'm sure there were quite a few confused kids (and parents) thinking, "Wait, I thought Hogan's Heroes was just pretend!"


The Cast of Hogan's Heroes On Hollywood Palace


Hogan and Schultz on the Red Skelton Show:



BUT THE BEST IS COLONEL KLINK (actually, Werner Klemperer this time)
GETTING A NEW MONOCLE ON THE PAT SAJAK SHOW
(skip to 1:36 to view the big event)



It's kind of sweet when he puts on the monocle and makes the "Klink" gesture.


Disclosure: During the writing of this article I learned how to spell monocle correctly.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I remember when I was a kid, Hogan's Heroes was an event each week not to be missed! Ten years ago I went to Germany and the police car sirens still sound like the ones in Hogan's Heroes. All the Americans snickered when I mentioned this as a police car zoomed by. The German's I was with never heard of the show. Just as well, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo Bafundashen B.July 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM

    Ha Ha! He is funny man!!!!! Incredible!!!

    Prussian, and I know him some. We meet first time in Leizig in 1970. Hes name is Verner, believe me. We see each other in Leipzig in 1970 in cafe! He like to smoke cigars from Uraguay and I lite his and understand that I know him. He say no problem! and sign for me, but with sadness I have no paper. So he sign the cigar and give to me. I then buy him a drink and we talk about many things!

    When I got home I put the cigar in -септична яма. Forgive me - he is nice, but I do not want his клозет в двора!!

    Good post, Mr. Fantar!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milo Bafundashen B.July 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

    I forgeted - he sign my "autograph."

    ReplyDelete