Saturday, February 19, 2011

Justin Bieber Experiment

Update: See the latest Justin romance update Here...

I saw it! Last weekend was the opening of the Justin Bieber movie. I took 6 kids to see it. ALL of them protested and said they did NOT like Justine Bieber. It would be a terrible movie! A waste of time and money! They went anyway. A Justin Bieber movie is better than no movie at all on a boring Saturday. As they were sitting in the theater seats waiting for the movie to begin they continued the protest.

As for me, I was expecting it to be very cringe-worthy. I didn't like him much either. To be honest, I had never listened to any of his songs more than just passing sound bites. All I really knew of him was what I had read in stupid fan based news articles. I've come to the conclusion that such a judgement is very hypocritical. Making such a judgement after I've heard his songs would be OK. So this was to be an education for me.

We went early to the theater because I was expecting long lines. After all it was opening weekend for the movie. The theater was empty. A total of 25 people were in the theater. And this was opening weekend! I was not surprised when I read on Monday about the poor opening weekend for the movie.

The results? I actually found Justin very charming, smart, someone I'd like to be with! My kids had the same impression. I think it was a bit eye opening for us all.

Here is a list of the thoughts we all took away with us after the movie:

  • Justin is very charming.
  • Justin is a good singer.
  • Justin is talented
  • The style and content of his songs SUCK!
We all agreed; If Justin ever grows out of his cheesy teenie-bopper ways and starts to navigate towards GOOD music, whatever that is, we'll be listening!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we ALL came away with the same thoughts of the movie. As one of the people who saw it with you, I think you are a little mistaken. Justin Beiber is defiantly not some one I would want to spend time with if he wasn't famous, although It was very eye opening.

    ReplyDelete