Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inventor's Picnic

No, not Teddy Bear's Picnic, this is Inventor's Picnic.

Let me back up....

Several years ago I was helping a friend clean out some old junk. An old family photo album that my friend did not care about was going to be thrown away! So I took it home. This awesome picture is from this album.

I know who the accordion player, he is Albert Tessier, a sort-of well known musician in the Los Angeles area.

But who is the suave looking guy just standing there in the middle?


I think this may be Steve Reeves, the famous body builder. What do you think? Here is a picture of him in his younger days:


Could it be that this really is Steve Reeves and he was making a publicity appearance at the event? He doesn't look like an inventor. But to be honest, I've never seen an inventor with his shirt off. Take a look at this other picture HERE. That really looks like the middle guy in the picture.

The reason I am making the connection is that I recently saw the Hercules movie starring Steve Reeves. It is one of those bad Greek story movies from the 1950's.

Does anyone have any insight into who this person is? Is it Steve Reeves? Please leave comments! Help me figure this out.

And another thing. What is the Inventor's Picnic??? It seems that nothing can escape being mentioned on the internet - except the Inventor's Picnic. I could find no information about this picnic. What is the name of the society? It is obscured by the men standing in front of the sign. Any clues?





The cheesecake photo is from http://www.musclebuildblog.com

3 comments:

  1. Re: Albert Tessier - it is not the same Albert Tessier who who wrote 'Accordiology' science of the accordian is it? Or 'Tarosophy - the esoteric doctrine of the tarot'? If so he must have been a very young man when he wrote them (published c.1956) -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That is the same Albert Tessier. He was born in 1900. What do you know about him? I'd be interested if you have any information about him. There s not much about him on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beyond his authorship of the above mentioned books - I too would be interested in knowing more about him - because of my interest in tarot I would particularly like to be able to view his tarosophy book and to know more about his interests and connections in that area.

    ReplyDelete