Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome Czech Music Video

My brother-in-law found one of the best music videos ever on the internet. Is this Polka? Is this Folk? Or .... Folka? Click on the image to the left to see the youTube video. Please watch through to the end where the guy blows on the sheet of glass. Classic!

Actually it is a parody band called Ivan Mládek & Banjo Band. They were popular in the 1970's. I'll never understand Czechoslovakian so I will never understand it.

They have a great website (although I can not read it) Here. Seeing things like this makes me feel there is a large part of the world I am missing out on.

I found a picture of Ivan today:


As the website states:
Hudebník Ivan Mládek láme rekordy se svou skladbou Jožin z bažin v Polsku a Rusku, teď patrně okouzlí celý svět. Dal totiž souhlas k tomu, aby jeho píseň a videoklip mohla použít světově známá hudební stanice MTV. Skladba Jožin z bažin umocnila popularitu nejen samotného Ivana Mládka, ale i jeho kapely Banjo Band. Píseň se v posledních měsících stala oblíbená v Maďarsku, Rusku a především Polsku.
Whatever!


And here is the bearded guy (I think):

No comments:

Post a Comment