Tuesday, May 31, 2011

LRG Co-Founder Jonas Bevacqua Dead


Co-founder of LRG and clothing entrepreneur Jonas Bevacqua died last night, reportedly in his sleep. Autopsy is pending. He was 34 years old!

This guy really had his mojo working! In 2006 it was reported that LRG had $150M in sales and Entrepreneur magazine placing it at No. 5 on that year's list of the 500 fastest growing companies. This guy was a big deal!

I truly feel bad for him and his family. Anyone dying is sad news, but being 34 makes it much worse.

The thing that really gets me about this, other than is sad untimely death, is that I NEVER HEARD OF HIM! I NEVER HEARD OF LRG!

Was Jonas Bevacqua really famous? Am I the only one that never heard of him or his company? Comments appreciated. I'm really trying to figure this out. Makes me feel old. Is there a large part of society I am missing out on? I must be the only clueless person about this because I saw a lot of reports on his death all over the Internet today. Or maybe a slow news day?

He obviously was a really smart, or really lucky, guy we should all admire. $150M in sales in 2006 is a big deal.

Jonas Bevacqua, we'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment