Sunday, June 5, 2011

My The Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Review

My rating: B-
Warning: Not for really little kids.

I took my son to the 2D version of The Pirates of the Caribbean 4 yesterday. It was a very grandiose movie, there were a lot of sweeping scenes you know were meant to look good in the 3D version, but they still looked good in the 2D version. The whole movie was visually stunning.

Overall I thought the movie was "OK", but they are getting lazy with the easy successes of these movies. For one - the plot was pretty much the same and very predictable. Just imagine what a breakthrough it would have been if they would have challenged the writers to create a unique and gripping story! But no.

I usually do not like gratuitous scenes or sexy things that do not belong in the movie other than to get a dirtier rating. Especially when I am with my kids. But this movie has Penelope Cruz, truly one of the most talented and beautiful actresses there are.


No revealing bikini, no low neck line, no short skirts. Nothing!

By the way the movie ended you know there will be a fifth one. I assume Penelope Cruz will be in it also. Let's hope for a better costume selection for her next time! With a woman like her they should be able to make her more alluring while still retaining the PG rating and not being gratuitous.

Little children should not see this movie. The scenes with the mermaids were pretty disturbing and will wreak havoc with their angelic ideas of mermaids. No kid's book about mermaids will be the same after they see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment